It is natural for dogs to bark. Unlike the cats, dogs always take pride in their barking ability. Sometimes, it is a nuisance if your dog just keeps barking excessively. This noisy sound can cause troubles for you as well as your neighbours. To stop this troublesome situation, choosing the best bark collar for dogs, you can consider these simple useful methods below.
- The most common way is screaming or using the rod. However, this only effects for a short time because the dog is in an irritable stage as if human’s tantrum. Therefore, what you should do is to calm the dog, don’t “add fuel to the fire” by your scream or your rod.
- In most situations, if those methods above are not effective, people usually get angry and start to shout and beat the dog stronger with a rod. At that time, he/she will surely lose his/her calmness and begin to bark excessively. Therefore, it’s essential that you must calm yourself first.
- Some good dog can even excessively bark when meeting somebody or something. A temporary solution is to keep your dog away from that person or that place, again and again. However, you had better stay calm, then sit and look straight to your dog’ eyes seriously and determinedly order him/her to stop (remember not to blow up!). Dog is an intelligent animal, he/she can feel your feelings and obey you immediately. This is also the best effective solution for this problem.
- It is said that “Doing nothing is doing ill”, therefore, barking is only a way for a dog to free energy. When your dog keeps barking too much, it means that he/she needs to take part in useful activities to free abundant energy. Let him/her have a walk or join in outdoor activities… are what you should do.
- If you tried every method but the situation still got worse, you should resort to a veterinarian. Maybe your puppy gets psychological disorder that needs vet’s help.
- Another method that you can use is to give your dog his/ her favourite toys. You can also put your puppy in a big box. It may sound weird at first, however, this will bring a certain secure feeling to your puppy, and he / she can feel the protection from agents that make him / her scared, thus stops barking. You should praise your dog when he/ she obeys your order. Then, wait for your puppy to start barking again and order him/ her to keep silence with a calm voice until he/ she stops. You had better wait for another 3 seconds before everything back to normal. This method should be repeated many times with a few seconds pause for each time so that your dog is accustomed to obeying your order.