It doesn’t matter how old you are, what you do for a living or if using a simple screwdriver gives you nightmares: every man needs a table saw! Here’s why:
- Bragging Rights: Doesn’t every man deserve to brag about his power tools? Just think of the ‘oohs’ and ‘aahs’ you’ll get the next time you’re at a party and start talking about how you made a new cabinet or an entertainment system, (it doesn’t matter if you bought it from IKEA!) Your friends don’t need to know, do they?
- Impress Your Spouse: Think of how happy (and surprised!) your wife will be when you present her with your latest woodworking project. An elegant birdhouse perhaps? How about a wooden frame for your wedding photo? It really doesn’t matter what you make her – she will love the fact that you cared enough to give her something while playing with your new toy!
- Cool Factor: A table saw is the foundation and centerpiece of any workshop. Just envision your buddies stepping into your workshop and noticing your impressive table saw, and then seeing all of your other meager tools. You’ll be the talk of the town!
- Brighten up your doghouse: When your wife sends you into the doghouse (again!) and you’re trying to figure out what you did wrong, you’ll have something to occupy your time. Maybe you can start that project you’ve always wanted to get started on – like a picture frame or birdhouse!
- Save Time (and Money): Most importantly, a quality table saw will save you many hours of time. Can you imagine cutting all that wood with a hand saw? A good quality table saw will last you many years, and you won’t have to spend money buying more wood because your hand saw didn’t cut or measure properly. You can check out this guide to find the best table saw for the money here.
- Multiple Uses: A quality table saw can be used for almost any woodworking project; from a simple birdhouse to a complex cabinet system, precision and accuracy at your fingertips. Whether you’re helping your kids with a school project or undertaking a major home renovation, a table saw can be your best friend.
When choosing a table saw, keep several factors in mind. Safety features are an important consideration; luckily, technological advancements have made table saws much safer in recent years with features like riving blades and auto shut-offs. So even if you’re a beginner, you’ll be able to operate a table saw safely and effectively.
Price shouldn’t be your sole decision factor when choosing a table saw. If you buy the cheapest saw on the market, you’ll be disappointed with the end result of your projects. Most ‘cheap’ models use inexpensive parts and aren’t designed with accuracy or precision in mind. Safety may also be compromised.
Quick note: According to my experience, the best overall table saw is the Bosch 4100-09.
Every man needs a table saw in order to impress, surprise and otherwise dazzle the people in their lives – whether that’s their spouses, friends or children. Every workshop needs to have a table saw centerpiece to gain a reputation as a handyman, and all-around good guy!